General rental conditions
1. Object of the contract
- These general conditions define the conditions for the rental of a bicycle and its equipment or a trailer between SAS Pogus (trade name: Le vélo van”), referred to as “the lessor” and the subscribers to the rental contract, referred to as “the tenant”.
- The ”bicycle and its equipment” are ”rented goods”.
2. Bike equipment
- Each bike is equipped with a bell, front and rear lights, a luggage rack, a lock, a stand.
- The tenant declares to be able to drive a bicycle. He undertakes to respect the highway code. A minor can rent the rented goods only when accompanied by an adult.
- The tenant undertakes to use himself, as a good father, the rented goods whose sale, loan or subletting are prohibited.
- The tenant is the guardian of the rented property. He is responsible for this both with regard to the rented goods and with regard to third parties, and he undertakes to set up the anti-theft device during parking.
- The lessee acknowledges that the lessor has offered him for himself and his children the rental of a helmet which is compulsory for children under 12 years old.
- The use of the luggage rack is strictly limited to the transport of objects and/or people not exceeding a total of 60kg.
- Each baby seat is limited to children aged 2 to 5 years old whose weight is between 8 kg and 18 kg, excluding any animal.
- The use of the child trailer is limited to 2 children from 2 to 6 years old for an overall weight of less than 28 kg, excluding any animal.
4. Effective date, availability
- The rental takes effect at the time of the physical provision of the bicycle by the rental company.
- The tenant acknowledges having received the rented goods in good working order with the equipment detailed in article 2, and having verified their good condition.
5. Payment and methods of payment for the service
- The entire rental is paid by the tenant at the time of the reservation or the provision of the rented goods.
- Payment for the rental can be made by check, credit card or cash.
- The return of the rented goods before the scheduled term will not give rise to any discount or refund.
6. Cancellation by the lessor
- In the event of force majeure or for security reasons, the lessor may have to cancel or interrupt the contract and not provide the service provided. In this case the lessor will reimburse the sums paid by the tenant with the exception of any additional compensation.
7. Responsibilities – Damage to rented property – Theft
- The tenant releases SAS POGUS from any liability arising from the use of the rented property, particularly with regard to the bodily, material and immaterial consequences of accidents of all kinds.
- The tenant declares to be the holder of a personal civil liability insurance which guarantees the liability incurred during the use of the rented goods both by himself and by the persons in his custody as well as his employees.
8. Breakage and theft guarantee
The tenant can, as an option, take out breakage and theft cover, the conditions of which are defined here (Breakage and theft cover) .
- At the time of the provision of the rented goods, the tenant pays a deposit not cashed during the rental, either in cash, or by credit card imprint, or by check, deposit fixed at €1500 per bike.
- On return and after finding that the rented goods are in good condition, the deposit is returned to the tenant.
- The tenant authorizes the lessor to deduct from the amount of the deposit the sums due in respect of the repair of the damage he has caused during the rental or as compensation in the event of restitution beyond the agreed rental period.
- The tenant undertakes to return the rented goods in the state in which he took them at the start of the rental, except for normal wear and tear.
- In case of early return, the entire rental remains due according to the terms of the contract.
- The return of the rented goods will be made before 7 p.m. on the last day of rental.
- Any return beyond the term will be subject to a penalty equal to two days of rental per additional day.
11. Cancellation conditions
1. Any cancellation incurs a fee of 2.5% of the total.
2. In the event of a cancellation within a period of less than 5 days before the start date, the costs amount to 25% of the total amount (except in cases of force majeure duly justified).
12. Election of domicile
- In the event of a dispute relating to the execution, interpretation or termination of this contract, the competent Court will be that of the registered office of the lessor to which the parties attribute exclusive jurisdiction.
13. Signature of the contract
- The Tenant acknowledges having been sufficiently informed and having read the rental conditions and expressly declares to accept them without reservation.